That Old Malady: Writer's Block15 Jul 2014
I sit down, open the file and begin working on my manuscript when —
1) I suddenly decide this is the perfect time to brush the dog
2) A flash of hunger has me raiding the refrigerator
3) I have the urge to go look for that lost sock
4) The dog has to go out for a walk
5) I decide to get rid of all that dog hair on the rug
6) The cat needs feeding
7) I discover an old manuscript that looks far more interesting at the moment
8) I write this article for the blog
9) I decide to check something in a reference book that's around here somewhere...
10) I notice the plants need watering
11) I start looking up the agents and publishers who just might be interested in the manuscript I'll start working on in just another minute or two...